We work in partnership with all who use our services to improve health and wellbeing. Together we look at ways of improving an individual’s quality of life, through high-quality healthcare and personal support.
We will involve, inform and empower our patients, service users, carers and their families to take an active role in the management of their illness and adopt recovery principles. We will ensure our staff receive appropriate direction and support, to enable them to develop and grow.
CNWL is fortunate enough to work in one of the largest and most culturally diverse cities in the world. To truly represent our service users and reduce inequalities in care provision, our leadership teams must reflect the diversity of the communities in which we serve.
Equality is not just about fairness and ticking boxes. We believe equality is about seeking diversity of thinking, of listening, of encouraging, enabling and supporting people, whether staff, service users or carer’s, in ways that are transparent and responsive to individual and cultural needs.
A diverse leadership is a creative leadership and one which gives a voice to everyone in our community in order to strengthen, enrich and promote the delivery of quality health care.
As a Trust, we want to make positive and constructive use of diversity. We want to encourage multi-cultural teamwork in which staff can feel comfortable to draw on their personal and cultural heritage to inform good and sensitive practice.
We have several established staff networks, providing an opportunity for staff to be heard and included, to be involved and consulted, and to be supported where issues may arise that affect them.
CNWL is passionate about promoting equality diversity and human rights throughout the organisation and committed to becoming one of the most inclusive employers in the NHS by the end of 2020.
Our Strategic Objectives
Our vision and values are underpinned by our strategic objectives:
- We will provide integrated, high-quality, timely services based on the needs of the individual.
- We will involve, inform, empower and be guided by the people weserve.
- We will ensure our healthcarefacilities are well maintained and fit for purpose.
- We will recruit, retain and develop skilled and compassionate people who embody our values of care.
- We will use our resources wisely, to support the delivery of patient care.
- We will invest in technology to deliver betterpatientcare.
- We will develop new relationships, business and partnership opportunities, consistent with our vision and values.